Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Tail Concerto

My brother got a demo copy of the Japanese version of this game as part of the Underground Jampack disc series,  when he first bought his PlayStation in 1998.  I would spend hours playing the first level over and over, in a language I couldn’t yet understand, because this game was just so much fun.  Years later, I got my hands on the full version. Even though it’s a much older and less well-known game, its creative and unique approach at the adventure genre has given it a permanent place as one of my favorites.


The main character, Waffle, is a dog police officer who rides a mech, flies a zeppelin and is tasked with capturing naughty kittens wreaking havoc, all on his day off.  The kittens are led by a gang of three pirate-cat sisters, Alicia, Flare, and Stare. The only way to stop the kittens is by trapping them in bubbles (all of course for the sake of non-violence and family friendly-ness).

Check out this bubble action below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_OaeZX6uyg

1 comment: